• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 8 days in total
• No flights included
All the essential attractions of Transylvania, with a special twist: “the highway of clouds”, Transfagarasan. Two nights in each of the charming cities of Sibiu and Brasov, and a full day to explore the capital. A relaxed and attractive program at the same time, the perfect mix between vacation and circuit.
What you will do
• Enjoy nature in the impressive Transylvanian Alps
• Live the experience of Transfagarasan - “the highway of the clouds” -
• Discover the rural charm of Transylvania through a snack
• Explore the Palace of Parliament: entrance and tour in the 2nd largest building in the world, known as "Ceausescu's palace"
• See UNESCO attractions: Sighisoara- medieval "postcard" town and Prejmer- Fortified church; and know the most famous Castles
• Visit Bucharest (unprecedented capital and new European destination), Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007), Brasov (former "Crown city")
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €200/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 7 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; a snack in the countryside (cake and coffee or tea); 1 attraction with free entrance: Cozia Monastery; 7 attractions with entrance fee included.
The 7 planned attractions: Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Prejmer fortified church; Bran Castle; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) and Sinaia Monastery (Sinaia); Village Museum and the Palace of Parliament (standard tour approx 1h) (Bucharest).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|2||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|3||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|4||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|5||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|6||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|7||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €190.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €60/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €225.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €35/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €165.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €200/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €80/person, 6 lunches, days 2-7. Half board (dinners): + €105/person, 6 dinners, days 2-7. Full board: + €185/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
Cómo está organizado
• 7 noches: Bucarest – Sibiu (2n) – Brasov (2n) – Bucarest (2n)
• Itinerario: Bucarest (la capital) – Monasterio de Cozia – Sibiu (Capital europea de la cultura 2007) – Cabaña Balea Lac (Transfagarasan) – Sibiu – Sighisoara (ciudad medieval UNESCO) – Brasov (“ciudad de la Corona”) – Prejmer (Iglesia fortificada UNESCO) – Bran (Castillo de Drácula) – Brasov – Sinaia (Castillo de Peles) – Bucarest (la capital)
• El circuito supone 7 noches y 8 días. 2 días de llegada & regreso y 6 días de programa con actividades como: tour de la ciudad, visitas en ruta, merienda, trekking, termas (opcional) y tiempo libre.
• 8 días en total y concebido de Domingo a Domingo. Se puede adaptar en función de los vuelos y los días disponibles pero tomando en cuenta el horario de acceso a las atracciones previstas
• El programa se puede personalizar ligeramente para corresponder a tu estilo y proyecto de viaje, o puede constituir la base para un viaje a medida. Para calcular los tiempos de trayecto hay que tomar en cuenta una velocidad media de aprox. 50km/hora (salvo autovías).
• Extender: se puede añadir 1 noche en Cluj Napoca, visitando “la capital” de Transilvania y ganando también dos visitas en ruta: la ciudadela de Alba Iulia y la Salina de Turda
• Adaptar: hay 1 día alternativo que permite modificar el programa para que incluya atracciones distintas, y supone un ligero cambio de precio
• Adaptar: en el penúltimo día se ofrecen 2 opciones para personalizar, si deseas, tu programa: Therme (las termas de Bucarest) o un desvío por la Ruta del Vino.
Día 1 de 8. Llegada a Rumanía
Día 2 de 8. Un monasterio bizantino y llegar a Transilvania
Día 3 de 8. La carretera de las nubes y los Alpes de Transilvania*
Día 4 de 8. La ciudad medieval “de postal” y la Transilvania rural
Día 5 de 8. El Castillo de Drácula, una Iglesia fortificada y la Ciudad de la corona
Día 6 de 8. El castillo real y la capital
Día 7 de 8. Explorar la capital
Día 8 de 8. Regreso
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.