• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 13 days in total
• No flights included
All must-see attractions in Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia. An attractive and complete itinerary in 3 surprising and different countries, a Balkan synthesis. Spend 2 nights in each capital and visit all the attractions you can not miss. Discover castles, medieval fortresses and monasteries: a unique heritage in the world. Explore picturesque cities, admire unforgettable landscapes, understand the historical context. Live "the countryside", the folklore, the character of 3 different nations and enjoy the diversity of cultures, gastronomy and wines.
What you will do
• Discover Corvin Castle, chosen among the 10 best "fairy tale" castles by Lonely Planet
• Visit UNESCO attractions, picturesque cities, and Bucharest, the capital
• Get to know Sofia (young and welcoming capital city), Plovdiv (beautiful cultural town), Veliko Tarnovo ("the city of the Tsars")
• Visit UNESCO attractions: Thracian Tomb and Rila Monastery
• Explore Belgrade, charming capital on the Danube
• Excursion to Vojvodina, a diverse and prosperous region in the north of the country (optional)
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €380/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 12 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 1 attraction with free entrance: Rila Monastery (Bulgaria); 12 attractions with entrance fee included: Bulgaria - Tsarevets Fortress (Veliko Tarnovo); Nativity Church (Arbanassi); Hindliyan or Balabanov House (Plovdiv); Thracian Tomb (Kazanlak); Serbia - Museum of Yugoslavia (Belgrade); Romania - Corvin Castle (Hunedoara); Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Prejmer fortified church; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Bran Castle; Village Museum and the Palace of Parliament (standard tour approx 1h) (Bucharest).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|2||Veliko Turnovo||Studio 3*||center 0|
|3||Plovdiv||Evmolpia 3*||center 0|
|4||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1/2|
|5||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1/2|
|6||Belgrade||Mark 4*||center 1|
|7||Belgrade||Mark 4*||center 1|
|8||Timisoara||Vanilla 3*||center 2|
|9||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|10||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|11||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|12||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €295.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Veliko Tarnovo - Studio 3*- superior Hotel (center 0); Plovdiv - Holiday Inn 4* Hotel / Best Western Premier Hills 4* Hotel (center 2); Sofia - Central 4* Hotel (center 0); Belgrade - Jump Inn 4* Hotel (center 1); Timisoara - Savoy 4* Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €90/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €350.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €55/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €265.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €380/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
• Half board in Romania (lunches): + €55/person, 4 lunches, days 9-12. Half board in Romania (dinners): + €90/person, 5 dinners, days 8-12. Full board in Romania: + €145/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
How it is organized
• 12 Overnights: Bucharest - Veliko Tarnovo - Plovdiv - Sofia (2) - Belgrade (2) - Timișoara - Sibiu - Brașov - Bucharest (2)
• Itinerary: Romania > Bucharest (the capital) - Bulgaria > Veliko Tarnovo (medieval capital of the tsars) - Kazanlak (the city "of roses") - Plovdiv (European Capital of Culture 2019) - Sofia (the capital) - Rila Monastery ( UNESCO) - Serbia > Nis (the city of Constantine the Great) - Belgrade (the capital) - Romania > Timișoara (the city of the 1989 revolution) - Hunedoara (Corvin Castle) - Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007) - Sighișoara (UNESCO medieval town) - Brasov ("Crown city") - Bran ("Dracula's" Castle) - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Bucharest (the capital)
• The tour has 12 overnights and 13 days: 2 days for arrival & return and 11 days of program with activities such as city tours, free time, and visits along the route.
• 13 days in total and planned to take place from Monday to Saturday. It can be adapted to your flights and preferred dates while taking into account the visiting hours of the attractions included in the program. Serbia is 1 hour behind the official time of Romania and Bulgaria.
• The program can be slightly customized to match your preferences and ideas, or it can be the draft for a tailor-made trip made from scratch.
• Extend: on day 7, in the afternoon, you can take an optional excursion to Vojvodina, an interesting region north of Belgrade (additional cost).
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.