• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts in Budapest and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 10 days in total
• No flights included
The most important of Hungary and Romania. The circuit includes all the attractions not to be missed in the 2 countries. Discover the two capitals: Budapest and Bucharest, picturesque cities, fortresses, castles and monasteries.
What you will do
• See the UNESCO attractions of Budapest and explore this magnificent city
• Visit Szeged, the university city "of the sun"
• Admire the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina, jewels of Byzantine art surrounded by fir trees and pastures
• See UNESCO attractions: Sighisoara- medieval "postcard" town and Prejmer- Fortified church; and get to know the most famous Castles: Peles and Bran (“Dracula's castle”)
• Visit Bucharest (unprecedented capital and new European destination), Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007), Brasov (former “Crown city”) and Timisoara, city of the anti-communist revolution.
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €305/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 9 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program and 10 attractions with entrance fee included: Hungary - The Parliament (Budapest); Romania - Corvin Castle (Hunedoara); Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Painted Monasteries of Moldovita and Voronet, and the Painted Eggs Museum (Bucovina); Prejmer fortified church; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Bran Castle; Village Museum (Bucharest).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Budapest||Three Corners Art 3*||center 0|
|2||Budapest||Three Corners Art 3*||center 0|
|3||Timisoara||Vanilla 3*||center 2|
|4||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|5||Bistrita||Coroana de Aur 4*||center 1|
|6||Piatra Neamt||Central Plaza 4*||center 1|
|7||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|8||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|9||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €260.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Budapest - Hotel Three Corners Lifestyle 4* (center 1); Timisoara - Savoy 4* Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Piatra Neamt - Central Plaza 4* Hotel (center 1); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €75/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €300.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €60/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €215.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €305/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
• Half board in Romania (lunches): + €80/person, 6 lunches, days 4-9. Half board in Romania (dinners): + €105/person, 6 dinners, days 4-9. Full board in Romania: + €185/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
COMO ESTÁ ORGANIZADO:
• 9 noches: Budapest (2n) – Timisoara – Sibiu – Bistrita – Piatra Neamt – Brasov (2n) – Bucarest
• Itinerario: Hungría> Budapest (la capital) – Szeged (ciudad universitaria) – Rumanía> Timisoara (ciudad de la revolución de 1989) – Hunedoara (Castillo "Corvinilor") – Sibiu (Capital europea de la cultura 2007) – Sighisoara (ciudad medieval UNESCO) – Targu Mures (centro cultural) – Bistrita (aparición en la novela "Drácula") – Bucovina (Monasterios Pintados) – Piatra Neamt (centro en estilo moldavo) – Gargantas de Bicaz y Lago Rojo – Brasov (“ciudad de la Corona”) – Prejmer (Iglesia fortificada UNESCO) – Bran (Castillo "de Drácula") – Brasov – Sinaia (Castillo de Peles) – Bucarest (la capital)
• El tour supone 9 noches y 10 días: 2 días de llegada & regreso y 8 días de programa con actividades como tour de la ciudad, tiempo libre y visitas en ruta.
• 10 días en total y concebido de Sábado a Lunes. Se puede adaptar en función de los vuelos y los días disponibles pero tomando en cuenta el horario de acceso a las atracciones previstas. Hungría tiene 1 hora menos con respecto a la hora oficial de Rumanía.
• El programa se puede personalizar ligeramente para corresponder a tu estilo y proyecto de viaje, o puede constituir la base para un viaje a medida.
• Extender: se puede añadir un día, incluyendo de esta forma un país mas- Serbia, con Novi Sad (Capital Cultural Europea en 2021) y Belgrado (la capital).
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.