• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts in Budapest and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 10 days in total
• No flights included
The most important attractions in Hungary and Romania. The tour includes everything you can not miss in both countries. Discover the two capitals: Budapest and Bucharest, picturesque cities, fortresses, castles, and monasteries.
What you will do
• See the UNESCO attractions of Budapest and explore this magnificent city
• Visit Szeged, the university town "of the sun"
• Admire the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina, jewels of Byzantine art surrounded by fir trees and pastures
• See UNESCO attractions: Sighisoara’s medieval "postcard" citadel and Prejmer Fortified Church; and get to know the most famous castles: Peles and Bran (“Dracula's castle”)
• Visit Bucharest (unique capital city and new European destination), Sibiu (European Capital of Culture in 2007), Brasov (former "Crown city"), and Timisoara, the city of the anti-communist revolution.
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €305/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver-guide instead of proficient tour guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 9 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking proficient tour guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program and 10 attractions with entrance fee included: Hungary - The Parliament (Budapest); Romania - Corvin Castle (Hunedoara); Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Painted Monasteries of Moldovita and Voronet, and the Painted Eggs Museum (Bucovina); Prejmer fortified church; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Bran Castle; Village Museum (Bucharest).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Budapest||Three Corners Art 3*||center 0|
|2||Budapest||Three Corners Art 3*||center 0|
|3||Timisoara||Vanilla 3*||center 2|
|4||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|5||Bistrita||Coroana de Aur 4*||center 1|
|6||Piatra Neamt||Central Plaza 4*||center 1|
|7||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|8||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|9||Bucharest||Capitol 4*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €260.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Budapest - Three Corners Lifestyle 4* Hotel (center 1); Timisoara - Savoy 4* Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Piatra Neamt - Central Plaza 4* Hotel (center 1); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €75/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €300.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €60/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €215.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a proficient tour guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking tour guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The tour guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a tour guide for the entire program, no local tour guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our tour guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a tour guide who also drives (1 person), or a tour guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a tour guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver-guide. Discount: up to - €305/person.
• English-speaking driver-guide, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver-guide is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver-guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
• Half board in Romania (lunches): + €80/person, 6 lunches, days 4-9. Half board in Romania (dinners): + €105/person, 6 dinners, days 4-9. Full board in Romania: + €185/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a tour guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
How it is organized
• 9 Overnights: Budapest (2) - Timișoara - Sibiu - Bistrița - Piatra Neamț - Brașov (2) - Bucharest
• Itinerary: Hungary > Budapest (the capital) - Szeged (university town) - Romania > Timișoara (the city of the 1989 revolution) - Hunedoara (Corvin Castle) - Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007) - Sighișoara (UNESCO medieval town) - Targu Mures (cultural town) - Bistrita (appearance in "Dracula" novel) - Bucovina (Painted Monasteries) - Piatra Neamț (Moldavian style downtown) - Bicaz Gorges and The Red Lake - Brasov ("Crown city") - Prejmer (UNESCO fortified church) - Bran (Dracula's Castle) - Brașov - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Bucharest (the capital)
• The tour has 9 overnights and 10 days: 2 days for arrival & return and 8 days of program with activities such as city tours, free time, and visits along the route.
• 10 days in total and planned to take place from Saturday to Monday. It can be adapted to your flights and preferred dates while taking into account the visiting hours of the attractions included in the program. Hungary is in a different time zone than Romania, 1 hour behind.
• The program can be slightly customized to match your preferences and ideas, or it can be the draft for a tailor-made trip made from scratch.
• Extend: you can add an extra day when leaving from Budapest and include one more country - Serbia, with Novi Sad (European Capital of Culture 2021) and Belgrade (the capital city).
Founder and manager of Santiago Tour since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.