• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 15 days in total
• No flights included
The complete circuit with a special touch. It includes all the important attractions in a balanced program and adds different visits that should not be missed: the "Corvinilor" Castle, perhaps the most authentic medieval fortification in Romania, a "Mocanita" steam train excursion, along an ancient exploitation route lumberyard, and the Salina de Turda, one of the most beautiful places in the country.
What you will do
• See the "Corvinilor" Castle, chosen among the 10 best "fairy tale" castles by Lonely Planet
• Excursion by train to "Mocanita" steamships, through virgin forests
• Tour an underground world: Salina de Turda
• Enjoy the Coast and explore the Dobrogea region, in Romania and even Bulgaria (optional extra day)
• Visit all the major attractions on the tours with fewer days in a generous program
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €395/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
* In high season, the price will be communicated on request due to the variation of rates of the hotels in Constanta (Black Sea Coast)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 14 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 2 attractions with free entrance: the monasteries of Rohia, and Barsana; 18 attractions with entrance fee included; 2 excursions.
The 18 planned attractions: Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Bran Castle; Prejmer fortified church; Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Corvin Castle (Hunedoara); Glass Icons Museum (Sibiel); Turda Salt Mine; Merry Cemetery of Sapanta and the Wooden Churches of Surdesti and Bogdan-Voda/similar (Maramures); Museum of the Peasant Woman from Maramures; Painted Monasteries of Moldovita, Sucevita, and Voronet and the Painted Eggs Museum (Bucovina); Danube Delta Museum (Tulcea); Village Museum and the Palace of Parliament (standard tour approx 1h) (Bucharest).
The 2 planned excursions: "Mocanita" steam train (duration: approx. 6h; lunch included: 1 mixed grill plate, 1 water / soft drink, 1 pastry / doughnut dessert, 1 hot drink) and the Danube Delta (duration: approx. 2h; see details below).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|2||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|3||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|4||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|5||Cluj Napoca||Lol el Lola 3* / Capitolina City Chic 3*||center 1|
|6||Baia Mare||Pension Casa Baimareana 3*||center 1|
|7||Viseu de Sus||Gabriela 3*||center -|
|8||Bistrita||Coroana de Aur 4*||center 1|
|9||Gura Humorului||Pension La Roata 3*||center -|
|10||Piatra Neamt||Central Plaza 4*||center 1|
|11||Tulcea||Esplanada 4*||center 0|
|12||Constanta||Ibis 3* budget||center 1|
|13||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|14||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €325.
About the excursion in the Danube Delta:
• transportation by small motorboat, on the narrow canals of the Delta and therefore more engaging. The boats have a variable capacity, between 5 and 15 people, they are equipped with life jackets, and do not necessarily have a cover.
• It is important to be prepared for sun exposure - sunscreen, sun glasses, a cap or a hat - and to wear a wind jacket and waterproof, in case of rain. Under unfavorable weather conditions, the excursion may be replaced by one with a larger boat organized by the hotel.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Cluj-Napoca - Beyfin 4* Hotel (center 0); Baia Mare - Magus 4* Hotel / Castel Transilvania 4* Hotel (surroundings/city); Viseu de Sus - Mirage 4* Hotel (center -); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Gura Humorului - Hilde's Residence 4* Pensión (center -, no elevator). If you prefer a hotel, then it will be in Suceava: Sonnehof 4* / Mandachi 4* (not central; they involve a change of route); Piatra Neamt - Central Plaza 4* Hotel (center 1); Tulcea - Esplanada 4* Hotel / Delta 4* Hotel (center 0); Constanta - Cherica 4* Hotel (center 1). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €105/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €405.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €85/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €280.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
• Accommodation at "La Roata 3* Pension" in Gura Humorului is provided in a modern type room. If you prefer a rustic and authentic accommodation, typical of this region (Bucovina), the pension offers this possibility. See more here. Extra charge will be communicated on request.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €395/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €160/person, 12 lunches, days 2-14 (except on day 8, when included in "Mocanita" excursion). Half board (dinners): + €215/person, 13 dinners, days 2-14. Full board: + €375/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
Cómo está organizado
• 14 Noches: Bucarest – Brasov – Sibiu (2n) – Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare – Viseu de sus – Bistrita – Gura Humorului – Piatra Neamt – Tulcea – Constanta – Bucarest (2n)
• Itinerario: Bucarest (la capital) – Sinaia (Castillo de Peles) – Bran (Castillo de Drácula) – Brasov ("ciudad de la Corona") – Prejmer (Iglesia fortificada UNESCO) – Sighisoara (ciudad medieval UNESCO) – Sibiu (Capital europea de la cultura 2007) – Castillo Corvinilor (entre los 10 mejores castillos "de cuento") – Sibiel (Museo de Iconos) – Sibiu – Alba Iulia (ciudadela en forma de estrella) – Salina de Turda (un mundo subterráneo) – Cluj-Napoca ("la capital de Transilvania") – Baia Mare (bonito centro peatonal) – Maramures (Sapanta, Iglesias de Madera, excursión en tren a vapores) – Bucovina (Monasterios Pintados) – Piatra Neamt (centro en estilo moldavo) – Delta del Danubio – Constanta (en la Costa del Mar Negro) – Bucarest (la capital).
• El tour supone 14 noches y 15 días: 2 días de llegada & regreso y 13 días de programa con actividades como tour de la ciudad, tiempo libre, visitas en ruta, y excursión.
• 15 días en total y concebido de Viernes a Viernes. Se puede adaptar en función de los vuelos y los días disponibles pero tomando en cuenta el horario de acceso a las atracciones previstas.
• El programa se puede personalizar ligeramente para corresponder a tu estilo y proyecto de viaje, o puede constituir la base para un viaje a medida. Para calcular los tiempos de trayecto hay que tomar en cuenta una velocidad media de aprox. 50km/hora (salvo autovías).
• Extender: hay días opcionales que se pueden añadir al programa, se ven en el programa detallado y suponen un coste suplementario.
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.