• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 15 days in total
• No flights included
The complete tour with a special touch. It includes all the important attractions in a balanced program and adds different visits that shouldn't be missed: Corvin Castle, possibly the most authentic medieval fortification in Romania, "Mocanita" steam train excursion, along an old logging route, and Turda Salt Mine, one of the most beautiful places in the country.
What you will do
• See Corvin Castle, chosen among the 10 best "fairy tale" castles by Lonely Planet
• Take a trip by "Mocanita" steam train, through virgin forests
• Tour an underground world: Turda Salt Mine
• Enjoy the Black Sea Coast and explore Dobrogea region, in Romania and even in Bulgaria (optional extra day)
• Visit all the major attractions of the tours with fewer days in a generous program
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €395/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
* In high season, the price will be communicated on request due to the variation of rates of the hotels in Constanta (Black Sea Coast)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 14 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 2 attractions with free entrance: the monasteries of Rohia, and Barsana; 18 attractions with entrance fee included; 2 excursions.
The 18 planned attractions: Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Bran Castle; Prejmer fortified church; Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Corvin Castle (Hunedoara); Glass Icons Museum (Sibiel); Turda Salt Mine; Merry Cemetery of Sapanta and the Wooden Churches of Surdesti and Bogdan-Voda/similar (Maramures); Museum of the Peasant Woman from Maramures; Painted Monasteries of Moldovita, Sucevita, and Voronet and the Painted Eggs Museum (Bucovina); Danube Delta Museum (Tulcea); Village Museum and the Palace of Parliament (standard tour approx 1h) (Bucharest).
The 2 planned excursions: "Mocanita" steam train (duration: approx. 6h; lunch included: 1 mixed grill plate, 1 water / soft drink, 1 pastry / doughnut dessert, 1 hot drink) and the Danube Delta (duration: approx. 2h; see details below).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|2||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|3||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|4||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|5||Cluj Napoca||Lol el Lola 3* / Capitolina City Chic 3*||center 1|
|6||Baia Mare||Pension Casa Baimareana 3*||center 1|
|7||Viseu de Sus||Gabriela 3*||center -|
|8||Bistrita||Coroana de Aur 4*||center 1|
|9||Gura Humorului||Pension La Roata 3*||center -|
|10||Piatra Neamt||Central Plaza 4*||center 1|
|11||Tulcea||Esplanada 4*||center 0|
|12||Constanta||Ibis 3* budget||center 1|
|13||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|14||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €325.
About the excursion in the Danube Delta:
• transportation by small motorboat, on the narrow canals of the Delta and therefore more engaging. The boats have a variable capacity, between 5 and 15 people, they are equipped with life jackets, and do not necessarily have a cover.
• It is important to be prepared for sun exposure - sunscreen, sun glasses, a cap or a hat - and to wear a wind jacket and waterproof, in case of rain. Under unfavorable weather conditions, the excursion may be replaced by one with a larger boat organized by the hotel.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Cluj-Napoca - Beyfin 4* Hotel (center 0); Baia Mare - Magus 4* Hotel / Castel Transilvania 4* Hotel (surroundings/city); Viseu de Sus - Mirage 4* Hotel (center -); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Gura Humorului - Hilde's Residence 4* Pensión (center -, no elevator). If you prefer a hotel, then it will be in Suceava: Sonnehof 4* / Mandachi 4* (not central; they involve a change of route); Piatra Neamt - Central Plaza 4* Hotel (center 1); Tulcea - Esplanada 4* Hotel / Delta 4* Hotel (center 0); Constanta - Cherica 4* Hotel (center 1). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €105/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €405.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €85/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €280.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
• Accommodation at "La Roata 3* Pension" in Gura Humorului is provided in a modern type room. If you prefer a rustic and authentic accommodation, typical of this region (Bucovina), the pension offers this possibility. See more here. Extra charge will be communicated on request.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €395/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €160/person, 12 lunches, days 2-14 (except on day 8, when included in "Mocanita" excursion). Half board (dinners): + €215/person, 13 dinners, days 2-14. Full board: + €375/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
How it is organized
• 14 Overnights: Bucharest - Brașov - Sibiu (2) - Cluj Napoca - Baia Mare - Vișeu de sus - Bistrița - Gura Humorului - Piatra Neamț - Tulcea - Constanța - Bucharest (2)
• Itinerary: Bucharest (the capital) - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Bran (Dracula's Castle) - Brasov ("Crown city") - Prejmer (UNESCO fortified church) - Sighișoara (UNESCO medieval town) - Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007) - Corvin Castle (among the 10 best "fairy tale" castles) - Sibiel (Glass Icons Museum) - Sibiu - Alba Iulia (star-shaped citadel) - Turda Salt Mine (an underground world) - Cluj-Napoca ("the capital of Transylvania") - Baia Mare (important regional town) - Maramures (the Merry Cemetery of Sapanta, the Wooden Churches, excursion by steam train) - Bucovina (the Painted Monasteries) - Piatra Neamț (Moldavian style downtown) - Danube Delta - Constanta (on the Black Sea Coast) - Bucharest (the capital).
• The tour has 14 overnights and 15 days: 2 days for arrival & return and 13 days of program with activities such as city tours, free time, visits along the route, and excursions.
• 15 days in total and planned to take place from Friday to Friday. It can be adapted to your flights and preferred dates while taking into account the visiting hours of the attractions included in the program.
• The program can be slightly customized to match your preferences and ideas, or it can be the draft for a tailor-made trip made from scratch. To calculate travel times, take into account an average speed of approx. 50 km / hour (except highways).
• Extend: there are optional days that can be added to the program, which are detailed below and imply an additional cost.
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.