• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts in Sofia and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 11 days in total
• No flights included
The most important of Bulgaria and Romania. The circuit includes all the attractions not to be missed in the 2 countries. Discover the two capitals: Sofia and Bucharest, picturesque cities, fortresses, castles and monasteries.
What you will do
• See UNESCO attractions: Thracian Tomb and Rila Monastery
• Visit Sofia (young and welcoming capital), Plovdiv (beautiful cultural center), Veliko Tarnovo ("the city of the Tsars")
• Admire the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina, jewels of Byzantine art surrounded by fir trees and pastures
• See UNESCO attractions: Sighisoara- medieval "postcard" town and Prejmer- Fortified church; and get to know the most famous Castles: Peles and Bran (“Dracula's castle”)
• Visit Bucharest (unprecedented capital and new European destination), Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007), Brasov (former "Crown city")
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €280/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 10 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 2 attractions with free entrance: Rila Monastery (Bulgaria) and Cozia Monastery (Romania); 12 attractions with entrance fee included: Bulgaria - Hindliyan or Balabanov House (Plovdiv); Thracian Tomb (Kazanlak); Tsarevets Fortress (Veliko Tarnovo); Nativity Church (Arbanassi); Romania - Village Museum (Bucharest); Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Bran Castle; Prejmer fortified church; Painted Monasteries of Moldovita and Voronet, and the Painted Eggs Museum (Bucovina); Clock Tower (Sighisoara).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1|
|2||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1|
|3||Plovdiv||Evmolpia 3*||center 0|
|4||Veliko||Studio 3*||center 0|
|5||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|6||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|7||Piatra Neamt||Central Plaza 4*||center 1|
|8||Bistrita||Coroana de Aur 4*||center 1|
|9||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1|
|10||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €220.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Sofia - Central 4* Hotel (center 0); Plovdiv - Holiday Inn 4* Hotel / Best Western Premier Hills 4* Hotel (center 2); Veliko Tarnovo - Studio 3*- superior Hotel (center 0); Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Piatra Neamt - Central Plaza 4* Hotel (center 1); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €50/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €260.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €50/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €205.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €280/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
• Half board in Romania (lunches): + €80/person, 6 lunches, days 5-10. Half board in Romania (dinners): + €105/person, 6 dinners, days 5-10. Full board in Romania: + €185/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
COMO ESTÁ ORGANIZADO:
• 10 noches: Sofía (2n) – Plovdiv – Veliko Tarnovo – Bucarest – Brasov – Piatra Neamt – Bistrita – Sibiu – Bucarest
• Itinerario: Bulgaria> Sofía (la capital) – Monasterio de Rila (UNESCO) – Plovdiv (centro cultural) – Kazanlak (la ciudad "de las rosas") – Veliko Tarnovo (capital medieval de los zares) – Rumanía> Bucarest (la capital) – Sinaia (Castillo de Peles) – Bran (Castillo "de Drácula") – Brasov ("ciudad de la Corona") – Prejmer (Iglesia fortificada UNESCO) – Piatra Neamt (centro en estilo moldavo) – Bucovina (Monasterios Pintados) – Bistrita (aparición en la novela "Drácula") – Targu Mures (centro cultural) – Sighisoara (ciudad medieval UNESCO) – Sibiu (Capital europea de la cultura 2007) – Bucarest (la capital)
• El circuito supone 10 noches y 11 días: 2 días de llegada & regreso y 8 días de programa con actividades como tour de la ciudad, tiempo libre y visitas en ruta.
• 11 días en total y concebido de Sábado a Martes. Se puede adaptar en función de los vuelos y los días disponibles pero tomando en cuenta el horario de acceso a las atracciones previstas
• El programa se puede personalizar ligeramente para corresponder a tu estilo y proyecto de viaje, o puede constituir la base para un viaje a medida.
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.