• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 8 days in total
• No flights included
All the essential attractions of Transylvania, with a special twist: Transfagarasan, “the highway of the clouds”. Two nights in each of the charming cities of Sibiu and Brasov, and a full day to explore the capital. A relaxed and attractive program at the same time, the perfect mix between vacation and tour.
What you will do
• Enjoy nature in the impressive Transylvanian Alps
• Live the experience of Transfagarasan - “the highway of the clouds” -
• Discover the rural charm of Transylvania through a snack
• Explore the Palace of the Parliament: entrance and tour in the 2nd largest building in the world, known as "Ceausescu's palace"
• See UNESCO attractions: Sighișoara, a medieval "postcard" citadel and Prejmer, the beautifully preserved fortified church; and get to know the most famous castles
• Visit Bucharest (unique capital city and new European destination), Sibiu (European Capital of Culture in 2007), and Brasov (former "Crown city")
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €200/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 7 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; a snack in the countryside (cake and coffee or tea); 1 attraction with free entrance: Cozia Monastery; 7 attractions with entrance fee included.
The 7 planned attractions: Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Prejmer fortified church; Bran Castle; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) and Sinaia Monastery (Sinaia); Village Museum and the Palace of Parliament (standard tour approx 1h) (Bucharest).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|2||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|3||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|4||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|5||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|6||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
|7||Bucharest||Capitol 3*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €190.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €60/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €225.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €35/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €165.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €200/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €80/person, 6 lunches, days 2-7. Half board (dinners): + €105/person, 6 dinners, days 2-7. Full board: + €185/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
How it is organized
• 7 Overnights: Bucharest (1) - Sibiu (2) - Brașov (2) - Bucharest (2)
• Itinerary: Bucharest (the capital) - Cozia Monastery - Sibiu (European Capital of Culture 2007) - Balea Lac Cabin (Transfagarasan) - Sibiu - Sighișoara (UNESCO medieval town) - Brasov (“Crown city”) - Prejmer (UNESCO fortified church) - Bran (Dracula's Castle) - Brașov - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Bucharest (the capital)
• The tour has 7 overnights and 8 days: 2 days for arrival & return and 6 days of program with activities such as: city tours, visits along the route, snack, trekking, hot springs (optional), and free time.
• 8 days in total and planned to take place from Sunday to Sunday. It can be adapted to your flights and preferred dates while taking into account the visiting hours of the attractions included in the program.
• The program can be slightly customized to match your preferences and ideas, or it can be the draft for a tailor-made trip made from scratch. To calculate travel times, take into account an average speed of approx. 50 km / hour (except highways).
• Extend: you can add 1 night in Cluj Napoca, visiting "the capital" of Transylvania and also gaining two visits en route: the citadel of Alba Iulia and Turda Salt Mine
• Adapt: there is 1 alternative day that allows modifying the program to include different attractions, and involves a slight price change
• Adapt: on the second-to-last day there are 2 options to customize, if you wish, your program: Therme (Bucharest hot springs) or a detour along the Wine Route.
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.