• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Sofia
• Duration: 11 days in total
• No flights included
The most important of Macedonia and Bulgaria. The circuit includes all the attractions not to be missed in the 2 countries. Discover the two capitals: Sofia and Skopje, surprising nature, picturesque cities, fortresses, castles and monasteries.
What you will do
• Enjoy its remarkable natural beauty: lakes and mountains
• Discover a country that was part of Yugoslavia, with a complex national identity and an important historical heritage
• Visit: Ohrid (monumental lake and UNESCO city), Skopje (eclectic and original capital); and the most famous monasteries, San Naum and San Juan Bigorski
• Explore Koprivshtitsa, an authentic museum-village that maintains the atmosphere of the 19th century
• See UNESCO attractions: Thracian Tomb, Rila Monastery, Nessebar city
• Discover symbols of Bulgaria: the Knight of Madara, the rock churches of Ivanovo, the village of Arbanassi
• Visit Sofia (young and welcoming capital), Plovdiv (beautiful cultural center), Veliko Tarnovo ("the city of the Tsars") and Varna (the "marine capital" of the country)
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €325/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver instead of guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 10 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 3 attractions with free entrance: Osogovo and Saint John Bigorski monasteries (North Macedonia), and Rila Monastery (Bulgaria); 10 attractions with entrance fee included: North Macedonia - City Museum (Robev House, Ohrid); Saint Naum Monastery (the church); Heraclea archaeological site (Bitola); Bulgaria - Nativity Church (Arbanassi); Tsarevets Fortress (Veliko Tarnovo); Rock-hewn Churches (Ivanovo); Madara Rider (bas-relief); Thracian Tomb (Kazanlak); Hindliyan or Balabanov House (Plovdiv); Koprivshtitsa Museum (houses).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1/2|
|2||Skopje||Premium 4*||center 0|
|3||Ohrid||Villa Jordan 4*||center 1|
|4||Ohrid||Villa Jordan 4*||center 1|
|5||Skopje||Premium 4*||center 0|
|6||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1/2|
|7||Veliko Tarnovo||Studio 3*||center 0|
|8||Varna||Reverence Boutique 3*||center 1|
|9||Plovdiv||Evmolpia 3*||center 0|
|10||Sofia||St. George 3* / Magic Castle 3*||center 1/2|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €175.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Sofia - Central 4* Hotel (center 0); Skopje - Alexandar Square Boutique 4* Hotel (center 0); Ohrid - Villa Jordan 4* Hotel (center 1); Veliko Tarnovo - Studio 3*- superior Hotel (center 0); Varna - Golden Tulip 4* Hotel (center 1); Plovdiv - Holiday Inn 4* Hotel / Best Western Premier Hills 4* Hotel (center 2). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €60/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €250.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €25/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €175.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a guide for the entire program, no local guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a driver-guide (1 person), or a guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
B. With a driver. Discount: up to - €325/person.
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
• lunches and dinners will be organized freely or with the help of your assistant.
• breakfasts are included with the accommodation
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
COMO ESTÁ ORGANIZADO:
• 10 noches: Sofía – Skopje – Ohrid (2n) – Skopje – Sofía – Veliko Tarnovo – Varna – Plovdiv – Sofía
• Itinerario: Bulgaria > Sofía (la capital) – Macedonia > Skopje (la capital) – Mon. de San Juan Bigorski (en las montañas) – Ohrid (un lago monumental y una ciudad UNESCO) – Mon. de San Naum (con vistas preciosas) – Bitola – Cañón de Matka (bonita área natural) – Skopje (la capital) – Bulgaria > Monasterio de Rila (UNESCO) – Sofía (la capital) – Arbanassi (pueblo original) – Veliko Tarnovo (capital medieval de los zares) – Ivanovo (las iglesias rupestres) – Madara (el Caballero de Madara) – Varna (la “capital marina” del país) – Nessebar (ciudad-península y patrimonio UNESCO) – Kazanlak (la ciudad "de las rosas") – Plovdiv (centro cultural) – Koprivshtitsa (la villa-museo) – Sofía (la capital)
• El circuito supone 10 noches y 11 días: 2 días de llegada & regreso y 9 días de programa con actividades como tour de la ciudad, tiempo libre y visitas en ruta.
• 11 días en total y concebido de Sábado a Martes. Se puede adaptar en función de los vuelos y los días disponibles pero tomando en cuenta el horario de acceso a las atracciones previstas. Macedonia tiene 1 hora menos con respecto a la hora oficial de Bulgaria.
• El programa se puede personalizar ligeramente para corresponder a tu estilo y proyecto de viaje, o puede constituir la base para un viaje a medida.
• Extender: hay 4 días opcionales que se pueden añadir al programa, se ven en el programa detallado de abajo y suponen un coste suplementario.
Founder and manager of Travel Selector since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.