• Organized upon request: (min. 1 day in advance) and based on availability
• Private tour or shared*
• Date: you decide the date
• In English: with a tour guide (other languages upon request)
• Services: you choose the type of program
• Location: it starts and ends at your accommodation place (Bucharest city center) or Unirii Square (the walking tour)
• Starting time: in the morning/afternoon (flexible); Duration: 2-5 hours, depending on the type of program
* When there are more requests confirmed for the same date, a shared tour is organized at the price corresponding to the total number of participants.
Bucharest - unique capital and new European destination. A perfect panoramic tour to get to know the city, with time to visit the Palace of the Parliament, the Village Museum and more.
What you will do:
• visit the Palace of the Parliament - entrance and guided tour of the 2nd largest building in the world, known as "Ceausescu's Palace"
• admire the rural heritage of the whole country without leaving the city: guided tour of the Village Museum (open-air, in Herastrau Park).
• explore Bucharest
Walking tour option. A short and engaging tour, including a walk through the old town "Lipscani".
Night tour option. A panoramic tour, enjoying the charm of a city illuminated at night, and avoiding the hours of heavy traffic.
These two options come with a discount.
With Santiago Tour:
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services.
This can be a private tour, organized just for you and your partner / family / group, or a shared tour.
|No. of participants
|6 or more
Price / person
- Your tour will be private if no more people sign up or if we specifically agree so
If more people sign up for the tour you have booked / if it's you who signs up for an already scheduled tour, the tour will be shared. On a shared tour, the price is the one that corresponds to the total number of participants (from 6 it no longer decreases) and there is a maximum of 16 participants. If you don't want to share the tour, ask us about it.
- Prices are valid based on availability (extra charge or discount may apply)
- If your request is for more than 10 people, you will receive a personalized offer.
What is Included:
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program and the number of participants, with related expenses included
• Assistance: English speaking driver-guide (up to 8 participants) or English speaking guide plus driver (for more than 8 participants)
• Guided visit as per program and 2 attractions with guided tour but without the entrance fee included:
- Village Museum (approx. €3/person)
- Palace of the Parliament (standard tour approx. 1h, approx. €9/person)
What is Not included:
• entrance fees
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the driver-guide / guide and driver.
1. Entrance fees included:
- Adult (age: 17-64): + €12/person
- Student with card (age: less than 18): + €1/person
- Student with card (age: 18-26): + € 5/person
- Seniors (age: over 65): + €10/person
2. Walking tour (2.5 hrs): from - €15/person
Note: the 2 attractions of the standard tour are not provided in this program. But you can add the Palace of the Parliament. In this case, the tour lasts approx. 3.5 hrs and the discount is from - €10/person.
Note: for the walking tour, the assistance is only with a guide (without driver).
3. Night tour (2 hrs): from - €5/person.
Note: the 2 attractions are not provided in this program.
4. "Different tour": 4hours/2 hours. The same price as the standard or pedestrian tour.
A different approach: Communist Heritage, Hidden Monuments and Urban Life.
- On the 4-hour tour with transport included, you will visit the "Spring Palace" known as "Ceusescu Mansion", the former residence of the dictators, a luxurious "kitsch" that reveals a lot about the era of the communist regime. Next we continue to a very different part of the city while learning about regular people's life during communism and we arrive at the famous Obor Market. Admire and taste the abundance of local products, having the possibility to enjoy the tasty "mititei" (juicy sausages, accompanied by classic mustard and bread), on the popular and informal market terrace. And return to the center or to the starting point.
Important: if desired, this tour can be done the same day as the standard tour, resulting in a complete program of approximately 8 hours.
On Mondays, when "Ceausescu Mansion" is closed, this visit will be replaced by the 2 attractions of the walking tour below.
- On the different 2-hour walking tour, you will visit "the city behind the city". Old Bucharest suffered many communist interventions but still retains architectural gems, cultural symbols of the city. Two attractions are included: The Great Synagogue (temple surrounded by communist blocks) and the beautiful Antim Monastery (a monastic complex isolated by the new buildings). Optional, add Obor Market (by subway, 3 hours in total, extra cost).
* Read the General Conditions for a Day trip or tour by clicking here
* Read about the attractions' opening hours and other details by clicking here
• This tour has 3 types of program.
City tour. 5 hours
Bucharest, approx. 30 km (by car)
Program: panoramic tour, 3 stops and 2 attractions with entrance fee: Palace of the Parliament and the Village Museum
Starting time: 9:00 / 14:00.
Duration: approx. 5 hours.
Meeting point: at your accommodation place (city center) / another place (upon request).
We will visit: the Village Museum (entrance fee), an open-air display of the country's rural architecture; the Revolution Square (stop) with the Romanian Athenaeum - one of the most iconic buildings, the Art Museum - former royal palace, and the balcony of the former Central Committee - where dictator Ceausescu delivered his last speech; the Constitution Square (stop), right in front of the Palace of the Parliament known as "Ceausescu’s Palace" - second largest building in the world (entrance fee); Patriarhiei Church and the Palaces of the Romanian Orthodox Patriarch (stop). End of Santiago Tour’s services. Thank you!
Optional: Walking tour. 2.5 hours
Program: panoramic visits such as Unirii Square, Lipscani Old Town, Revolutiei Square, Universitatii Square
Starting time: 10:00/15:00.
Duration: approx. 2.5 hours.
Meeting point: Unirii Square, in front of Pull & Bear store (Unirea Shopping Center). It ends: in Universitatii Square.
We start in Unirii Square, with a beautiful perspective on the Palace of the Parliament, the Pharaonic building of Ceausescu and second largest in the world (optional: add entrance with guided tour). We walk through the old town "Lipscani", where the capital city is recovering its "belle époque" charm: the Central Bank, the CEC Palace, the Macca-Vilacrosse covered passage, and its medieval identity: the Princely Court of Vlad Tepes "the Impaler ", the Old Court Church or the Stavropoleos Monastery. We continue along Victory Avenue, to the Revolution Square with its Romanian Athenaeum - iconic building of the city, the Art Museum - former royal palace, and the balcony of the former Central Committee - where dictator Ceausescu delivered his last speech. We end the visit in University Square (Universitatii), considered to be the heart and soul of Bucharest.
Optional: Panoramic night tour. 2 hours
Bucharest, approx. 20 km (by car)
Program: panoramic tour with photo stops
Starting time: 20:00 - 22:00 (summer) / 19:00 - 21:00 (winter).
Duration: approx. 2 hours.
Meeting point: at your accommodation place (city center) / another place (upon request).
A panoramic and guided city tour, admiring the imposing Casa Presei Libere building, the Arch of Triumph, the elegant avenues and the most important squares, such as: Victoriei, Unirii, Universitatii and Romana.
Bucharest is becoming an important tourist destination. In the past it won the nickname "Little Paris", while today it is a city with a complex identity that never ceases to fascinate, one of the most active European centers, with an intense cultural life.
It is a really unique capital city. The traveler can be amazed by the monumentality and nonsense of the communist remodeling works. It is not only about the second largest building in the world: the pharaonic palace of Ceausescu, but also about a whole set of imposing buildings: housing blocks for the previous nomenclature/party members, arranged in the rectilinear Unirii Avenue, Ministries in the Constitution Square, the new Romanian Academy or the huge National Library.
But at the same time, it is gratifying to discover the belle epoque charm and the french influence: the Arch of Triumph, elegant boulevards and palaces in neoclassical style, parks and gardens, and small hidden gems such as: churches, terraces, tea shops, restaurants or bookstores.
Last but not least, to experience Bucharest's remarkable energy, you have to stroll through its lively pedestrian center, the old "Lipscani" shopping district, where the city is recovering and rediscovering its identity.