• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a tour guide (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 5 days in total
• No flights included
All the essential attractions in a short but balanced tour, which gives you the opportunity to discover original cities, castles and villages.
What you will do
• Get to know the most famous castles: Peles Castle in Sinaia, a fantastic royal residence and Bran Castle, known as “Dracula's Castle”
• See UNESCO attractions: Sighișoara, a medieval "postcard" citadel and Prejmer, the beautifully preserved fortified church
• Visit Bucharest (unique capital city and new European destination), Sibiu (European Capital of Culture in 2007), and Brasov (former "Crown city")
• Discover Transylvania with its village houses, haystacks, and the impressive Carpathians
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants
||6 or more
Price / person
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 4 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Economy type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking driver-guide, as per program
• Visits mentioned in the program, facilitated by the driver-guide; 1 attraction with free entrance: Cozia Monastery; 5 attractions with entrance fee included: Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h; Sinaia); Bran Castle; Prejmer Fortified Church; Clock Tower (Sighisoara); Village Museum (Bucharest).
3* Economy Type Accommodation: mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €95.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 3* Smart type - mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services: Bucharest - Capitol 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Bella Muzica 3* boutique Hotel (center 0) / Coroana Brasovului 3* Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Exclusive 4* Hotel (center 1) / Best Western Silva 4* Hotel (center 2), Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €25/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €110.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0), Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €60/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €130.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
A. With a proficient tour guide. Extra charge: from + €40/person.
• English-speaking tour guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The tour guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a tour guide for the entire program, no local tour guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our tour guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a tour guide who also drives (1 person), or a tour guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a tour guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver-guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking driver-guide, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver-guide is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver-guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €40/person, 3 lunches, days 2-4. Half board (dinners): + €55/person, 3 dinners, days 2-4. Full board: + €95/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a tour guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
How it is organized
• 4 Overnights: Bucharest – Brașov – Sibiu – Bucharest
• Itinerary: Bucharest (the capital) - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Bran (Dracula's Castle) - Brasov (“Crown city”) - Prejmer (UNESCO fortified church) - Sighișoara (UNESCO medieval city) - Sibiu (European capital of Culture 2007) - Bucharest (the capital)
• The tour has 4 overnights and 5 days: 2 days for arrival & return and 3 days of program with activities such as city tours, free time, and visits along the route.
• 5 days in total and planned to take place from Wednesday to Sunday. It can be adapted to your flights and preferred dates while taking into account the visiting hours of the attractions included in the program.
• The program can be slightly customized to match your preferences and ideas, or it can be the draft for a tailor-made trip made from scratch. To calculate travel times, take into account an average speed of approx. 50 km / hour (except highways).
• This tour is designed with an English speaking driver instead of a guide. (see more in Detailed price).
• Adapt: it can be reduced to 3 full days of program, removing days 1 and 5 (two nights of accommodation in Bucharest and the airport transfers)
Day 1 of 5. Arrival in Romania
Program: transfer and free time (if possible)
Arrival at Bucharest Airport and meeting with Santiago Tour’s guide or driver.
Transfer to the accommodation.
Depending on the arrival hour, free time in the city (without driver or guide). You can stroll around the old town where the capital is recovering its "belle époque" charm: the Central Bank, CEC Palace, Macca-Vilacrosse Covered Passage, and its medieval identity: the Prince Court of Vlad Tepes "the Impaler", the Old Court Church or Stavropoleos Monastery.
Day 2 of 5. A royal castle, Dracula's Castle, and a city in the heart of the country
Bucharest – Sinaia – Bran – Brașov ☾. 205 km
Program: visit Peles Castle, Bran Castle, and Brasov
Breakfast. We leave Bucharest heading toward the Southern Carpathians and arrive in about 2h / 2h30 in Sinaia mountain resort. We visit Peles Castle (standard tour), the last royal residence in Europe built in neo-Renaissance style. Then we continue the route to Bran and discover "Dracula's Castle", where the myth of the Count-Vampire enfolds in mystery a great historical fortress. Time for lunch and then we finish this day’s itinerary in Brasov. Walking tour admiring the Council Square and its unique buildings, the Black Church, an imposing Lutheran church, and the beautiful Catherine’s Gate. Overnight accommodation and free time.
Day 3 of 5. Medieval heritage in Transylvania
Brașov – Prejmer – Sighișoara – Sibiu ☾. 235 km
Program: visit Prejmer Fortified Church, Sighisoara, and Sibiu
Breakfast. The itinerary takes us in the morning to Prejmer, where we find the UNESCO Fortified Church - the most complete and best preserved in Transylvania. Then we continue to Sighisoara, the “postcard” town with an unforgettable collection of medieval buildings, declared a World Heritage Site. Walking tour including the Clock Tower (history museum with a panoramic view). Time for lunch and we proceed with the program arriving in Sibiu, European capital of culture in 2007. In the afternoon, a walking tour of the city, whose eye-shaped dormers give charm to a beautiful Central European architecture. While strolling, we encounter: the fortifications, the Large Square, the Small Square, the Evangelical Cathedral and the Orthodox Cathedral. Free time and overnight accommodation.
Day 4 of 5. A byzantine monastery and return to the capital
Sibiu – Cozia – Bucharest ☾. 280 km
Program: visit Cozia monastery and Bucharest tour in the afternoon
Breakfast. We leave Sibiu heading south, returning to the capital city. En route, we visit Cozia Monastery, a splendid Byzantine-style old church on the banks of the river Olt. We cross the Southern Carpathians and finally arrive in Bucharest around midday. City tour: the Village Museum, an open air display of the country's rural architecture; Revolution Square with the Romanian Athenaeum - one of the most iconic buildings, the Art Museum - former royal palace, and the balcony of the former Central Committee - where dictator Ceausescu delivered his last speech; Constitution Square, just in front of the Palace of the Parliament (second largest building in the world); Patriarhiei Church and the Palaces of the Romanian Orthodox Patriarch. Time for lunch, during the visit, and overnight accommodation.
Day 5 of 5. Return
Bucharest - Airport ✈
Program: free time (if possible) and airport transfer
Breakfast. Free time in the city depending on the flight and transfer to the airport. End of Santiago Tour’s services. Thank you!