• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Belgrade
• Duration: 9 days in total
• No flights included
All must-see attractions of the former Yugoslavia. A spectacular itinerary through different countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, a wonderful and still unknown destination; Croatia: beautiful and famous; Montenegro: small state gifted with fantastic nature; Slovenia (optional): a “fairy tale” country; Serbia and its unique identity. Admire unforgettable landscapes and discover an unparalleled heritage. Explore charming cities and natural attractions. Learn about the history that unites and divides these nations, and enjoy the diversity of cultures, cuisines and wines.
What you will do
in Bosnia and Herzegovina
• visit Sarajevo, the “Jerusalem of Europe” and Mostar, with its emblematic bridge
• admire its wonderful landscapes
• see the fantastic Gulf of Kotor, this “southern fjord”
• take a boat trip to "Our Lady of the Rocks" Catholic Church
• visit the city of Kotor, a World Heritage Site
• visit charming cities: Dubrovnik (the "pearl of the Adriatic"), Split (ancient city on the Dalmatian Coast), Zadar (Croatia’s cultural town) and Zagreb (the capital)
• explore the Dalmatian Coast and discover the Plitvice Lakes Nature Park
• explore Belgrade, charming capital on the Danube
• excursion to Vojvodina, a diverse and prosperous region in the north of the country (optional)
in Slovenia (optional)
• see the beautiful Lake Bled and walk through the Vintgar Gorge
• visit the famous Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle
• discover Ljubljana, the elegant capital city.
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* If travel dates are between November 1 and March 31. The tour can be organized during other months as well, even though we only recommend April and October, but the prices will be higher.
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 8 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking driver, as per program
• Visits mentioned in the program, facilitated by the driver; 3 city tours with local guide: Belgrade, Sarajevo, and Zagreb; 2 attractions with entrance fee included: Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia) and Museum of Yugoslavia (Belgrade); 1 boat excursion (Perast, Kotor Bay, Montenegro).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Belgrade||Mark 4*||center 1|
|2||Sarajevo||Old Town 4*||center 0|
|3||Dubrovnik||Lero 4* / Adria 4*||center 2/city-sea shore|
|4||Dubrovnik||Lero 4* / Adria 4*||center 2/city-sea shore|
|5||Split||Luxe 4*||center 1|
|6||Plitvice (area)||Mirjana & Rastoke 4* / Stara Lika 4*||transit|
|7||Zagreb||The Loop 3* / Livris 3*||city|
|8||Belgrade||Mark 4*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €225.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the driver or for the local guides.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Belgrade - Jump Inn 4* Hotel (center 1); Sarajevo - Old Town 4* Hotel (center 0); Dubrovnik - Kompas 4* Hotel / Neptun 4* Hotel (city coast); Split - Luxe 4* Hotel (center 1); Plitvice - Mirjana & Rastoke 4* Hotel / Stara Lika 4* Hotel (roadside); Zagreb - BW Premier Astoria 4* Hotel (center 1). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €50/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €250.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know.
• In Plitvice Lakes area, accommodation (mostly guesthouses) can be found in natural landscapes and/or on the roadside. In this area, there is no town of tourist interest.
• The hotels in Zagreb (3* Smart type option) and Dubrovnik (3* Smart type and 4* Comfort type options) are not centrally located. But during the program you have a driver and during your free time you have the option of using Uber at a convenient fare. This way, we consider you get the best value for money. However, if you prefer hotels in the center of these cities, which may be a lot more expensive, please let us know.
Notes on assistance
• English-speaking driver, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included
• lunches and dinners will be organized freely or with the help of your assistant.
• breakfasts are included with the accommodation
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here
How it is organized
• 8 Overnights: Belgrade - Sarajevo - Dubrovnik (2) - Split - Plitvice - Ljubljana (optional, 2 ovn.) - Zagreb - Belgrade
• Itinerary: Serbia > Belgrade (the capital) - Bosnia and Herzegovina > Sarajevo (the capital) - Mostar (with its famous Ottoman bridge) - Croatia > Dubrovnik (the “pearl of the Adriatic”) - Montenegro > Perast (the Island Church) - Kotor (at the end of the gulf) - Croatia > Dubrovnik (second night) - Split (ancient city on the Dalmatian Coast) - Zadar (Croatia’s cultural town) - Plitvice (the lakes) - Zagreb (the capital) - Serbia> Belgrade (the capital). Slovenia (optional) > Postojna (the most famous cave) - Predjama Castle (the castle of the Slovenian “Robin Hood”) - Ljubljana (the capital) - Bled (the lake and the castle) - The Vintgar Gorges - Ljubljana (second night).
• The tour has 8 overnights and 9 days: 2 days for arrival & return and 7 days of program with activities such as city tours, free time, and visits along the route.
• 9 days in total and planned to take place from Saturday to Sunday. It can be adapted to your flights and preferred dates while taking into account the visiting hours of the attractions included in the program
• The program can be slightly customized to match your preferences and ideas, or it can be the draft for a tailor-made trip made from scratch.
• Extend: there are 4 optional days that can be added to the program, which are detailed below and imply an additional cost. 1 extra day in Sarajevo, 1 extra day in Dubrovnik, and 2 extra days in Slovenia.
• Adapt: The itinerary can be adjusted to include the countries and places you haven’t visited yet. For example, if you already visited Croatia or parts of it, the itinerary will be customized accordingly.
• Adapt: if the flight schedule allows visiting Belgrade on the first or last day of the program, then you can spend more time in Zagreb before returning to Belgrade on the second-to-last day of the tour.
Founder and manager of Santiago Tour since 2010. Tour guide in Romania from 2004, specialised in English speaking tourism as well as Spanish. Studies in UAB Barcelona.