• Private tour: only for you and your partner/family/group
• In English: with a guide or driver (other languages upon request)
• Dates: you decide the dates
• Services: you choose the type of services and options
• Location: it starts and ends in Bucharest
• Duration: 12 days in total
• No flights included
A tour with a focus on UNESCO Heritage. It includes 6 of the 7 attractions that are part of the world heritage in Romania and gives you time to discover the authentic regions of the north: Maramures and Bucovina. In addition to the Danube Delta, the Wooden Churches, and the Painted Monasteries, special attractions such as Turda Salt Mine and Horezu Monastery are to be visited, also spending a night in Cluj Napoca, the second largest city in the country.
What you will do
• See UNESCO attractions: Horezu Monastery in Oltenia, Sighișoara, a medieval "postcard" citadel, and Prejmer, the beautifully preserved fortified church;
• Admire world heritage sites: the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina and the Wooden Churches of Maramures
• Explore by small motorboat, hence more exciting, the narrow channels of the Danube Delta (UNESCO), unique in Europe for its natural wealth and breadth
• Tour an underground world: Turda Salt Mine
• Visit all the important attractions of the 8 day Essential tour, plus Cluj-Napoca ("the capital" of Transylvania) and Constanta (ancient "Tomis", on the Black Sea Coast)
Why Santiago Tour?
1. Local experts and excellent guides
2. Local prices and selected services
Why a Private Tour?
1. It's flexible - you decide when to travel and how
2. It's personal - a trip for you and according to your preferences
This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants
||6 or more
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €310/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver-guide instead of proficient tour guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 11 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking proficient tour guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 4 attractions with free entrance: the monasteries of Horezu, Cozia, Rohia, and Barsana; 13 attractions with entrance fee included; 1 excursion.
The 13 planned attractions: Turda Salt Mine; Merry Cemetery of Sapanta and the Wooden Churches of Surdesti and Bogdan-Voda/similar (Maramures); Painted Monasteries of Moldovita, Sucevita, and Voronet and the Museum of Painted Eggs (Bucovina); Prejmer fortified church; Bran Castle; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Village Museum (Bucharest); Danube Delta Museum (Tulcea). The planned excursion: in the Danube Delta (duration: approx. 2h; see details below).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €260.
About the excursion in the Danube Delta:
• transportation by small motorboat, on the narrow canals of the Delta and therefore more engaging. The boats have a variable capacity, between 5 and 15 people, they are equipped with life jackets, and do not necessarily have a cover.
• It is important to be prepared for sun exposure - sunscreen, sun glasses, a cap or a hat - and to wear a wind jacket and waterproof, in case of rain. Under unfavorable weather conditions, the excursion may be replaced by one with a larger boat organized by the hotel.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Cluj-Napoca - Beyfin 4* Hotel (center 0); Baia Mare - Magus 4* Hotel / Castel Transilvania 4* Hotel (surroundings/city); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Gura Humorului - Hilde's Residence 4* Pensión (center -, no elevator). If you prefer a hotel, then it will be in Suceava: Sonnehof 4* / Mandachi 4* (not central; they involve a change of route); Sighisoara - Central Park 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Tulcea - Esplanada 4* Hotel / Delta 4* Hotel (center 0). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €80/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €315.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €60/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €225.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
• Accommodation at "La Roata 3* Pension" in Gura Humorului is provided in a modern type room. If you prefer a rustic and authentic accommodation, typical of this region (Bucovina), the pension offers this possibility. See more here. Extra charge will be communicated on request.
A. With a proficient tour guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking tour guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The tour guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a tour guide for the entire program, no local tour guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our tour guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a tour guide who also drives (1 person), or a tour guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a tour guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver-guide. Discount: up to - €310/person.
• English-speaking driver-guide, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver-guide is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver-guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €135/person, 10 lunches, days 2-11. Half board (dinners): + €170/person, 10 dinners, days 2-11. Full board: + €305/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a tour guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here