This is a private tour, adaptable to your travel dates and preferences, organized only for you and your partner / family / group.
|Number of participants||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
Price* / person
* Discount: up to - €310/person, in case of choosing English-speaking driver-guide instead of proficient tour guide (see below in options)
What is Included:
• Accommodation: 11 overnights according to the program, in double room with breakfast included, 3* Smart type (see below).
• Transportation by modern vehicle according to the program, with related expenses and 2 airport-hotel and return transfers included
• Assistance: English speaking proficient tour guide, as per program
• Guided visits mentioned in the program; 4 attractions with free entrance: the monasteries of Horezu, Cozia, Rohia, and Barsana; 13 attractions with entrance fee included; 1 excursion.
The 13 planned attractions: Turda Salt Mine; Merry Cemetery of Sapanta and the Wooden Churches of Surdesti and Bogdan-Voda/similar (Maramures); Painted Monasteries of Moldovita, Sucevita, and Voronet and the Museum of Painted Eggs (Bucovina); Prejmer fortified church; Bran Castle; Peles Castle (standard tour approx 1h) (Sinaia); Village Museum (Bucharest); Danube Delta Museum (Tulcea). The planned excursion: in the Danube Delta (duration: approx. 2h; see details below).
3* Smart Type Accommodation: mainly 3* superior hotels with quality services
|1||Bucharest||Capitol 4*||center 0|
|2||Sibiu||Exclusive 4* / Best Western Silva 4*||center 1/2|
|3||Cluj||Lol el Lola 3* / Capitolina City Chic 3*||center 1|
|4||Baia Mare||Pension Casa Baimareana 3*||center 1|
|5||Bistrita||Coroana de Aur 4*||center 1|
|6||Gura Humorului||Pension La Roata 3*||center -|
|7||Sighisoara||Bulevard 4* / Korona 4*||center 0/1|
|8||Brasov||Bella Muzica 3* boutique / Coroana Brasovului 3*||center 0/1|
|9||Bucharest||Capitol 4*||center 0|
|10||Tulcea||Esplanada 4*||center 0|
|11||Bucharest||Capitol 4*||center 0|
or similar, depending on availability.
• Single room supplement: + €260.
About the excursion in the Danube Delta:
• transportation by small motorboat, on the narrow canals of the Delta and therefore more engaging. The boats have a variable capacity, between 5 and 15 people, they are equipped with life jackets, and do not necessarily have a cover.
• It is important to be prepared for sun exposure - sunscreen, sun glasses, a cap or a hat - and to wear a wind jacket and waterproof, in case of rain. Under unfavorable weather conditions, the excursion may be replaced by one with a larger boat organized by the hotel.
What is Not included:
• flights and travel insurance
• personal expenses, such as: mini bar, phone calls, porterage etc.
• photo / video fees during the visits (if applicable)
• in general, all services not specified in "what is included"
• tips for the guide and/or driver.
• 4* Comfort type - mainly 4* hotels with quality services: Bucharest - K+K 4* Hotel (center 0); Sibiu - Ramada 4* Hotel (center 0); Cluj-Napoca - Beyfin 4* Hotel (center 0); Baia Mare - Magus 4* Hotel / Castel Transilvania 4* Hotel (surroundings/city); Bistrita - Coroana de Aur 4* Hotel (center 1); Gura Humorului - Hilde's Residence 4* Pensión (center -, no elevator). If you prefer a hotel, then it will be in Suceava: Sonnehof 4* / Mandachi 4* (not central; they involve a change of route); Sighisoara - Central Park 4* Hotel (center 0); Brasov - Armatti 3*- superior Hotel / Belfort 3*- superior Hotel (center 1); Tulcea - Esplanada 4* Hotel / Delta 4* Hotel (center 0). Or similar, depending on availability. Total extra charge: approx. + €80/person in double room and the single supplement changing to: €315.
• 3* Economy type - mainly 3* standard hotels and pensions, with quality services. Total discount: approx. - €60/person in double room and single supplement changing to: €225.
Notes on accommodation
• Confirmed hotels can be communicated only after making the reservations on specific dates
• center 0 / center 1 / center 2 means: 0-5 / 5-15 / 15-25 minutes walking distance from the center (the important tourist area of the city)
• Some 3* boutique hotels and pensions don't have an elevator or air conditioning (because it is not usually required). If these are essential requirements, please let us know or choose the 4* Comfort option.
• Accommodation at "La Roata 3* Pension" in Gura Humorului is provided in a modern type room. If you prefer a rustic and authentic accommodation, typical of this region (Bucovina), the pension offers this possibility. See more here. Extra charge will be communicated on request.
A. With a proficient tour guide. Option included in the price.
• English-speaking tour guide, offering detailed explanation, presentations, and guided tours. The tour guide also makes all necessary arrangements, as well as restaurant and meal recommendations.
• a tour guide for the entire program, no local tour guides being used in general. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our tour guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• depending on availability: a tour guide who also drives (1 person), or a tour guide plus a driver (2 people), with fee, meal allowance, and accommodation included.
• only with a tour guide and starting from 4 participants, you can also choose meal options: lunches and/or dinners.
B. With a driver-guide. Discount: up to - €310/person.
• English-speaking driver-guide, facilitating the visits, the entrances to attractions, the check-ins and other details. The driver-guide is also able to make restaurant and meal recommendations.
• offers basic information about the main attractions and the country but not detailed explanation or presentations. Some attractions only allow guided tours (their own staff); if the included tour is not available in English, our driver-guide will join you and translate or even make the tour by himself (if allowed).
• his fee, meal allowance, and accommodation are included.
C. With a tablet. Discount: to be communicated on request.
• tablet with Internet access that serves for navigation purposes and to facilitate the trip, with apps and useful information; a travel guide in English; a road map (all to be returned at the end of the trip).
• implies transportation by rental car and 2 transfers, airport-hotel and return, included.
• accommodation is optional (can be added or not) and visits will be done freely, without asisstance.
• Half board (lunches): + €135/person, 10 lunches, days 2-11. Half board (dinners): + €170/person, 10 dinners, days 2-11. Full board: + €305/person (both previous options).
• meal options are only possible for a minimum of 4 participants and accompanied by a tour guide
• meals are organized in local restaurants and hotel restaurants
• Lunches and / or dinners are provided on full days of the program and they are tourist-menu type (standard): 3 dishes (starter, main, dessert), bread, and mineral water. They do not include drinks such as coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc.
• breakfasts are already included with the accommodation
• meal options are more suitable for groups.
Read the General Conditions for a Private tour by clicking here